DEBRIS OF HUMAN FRAILTY

 



Bare tree
Naked rosebush 
Spiking the dawn

Dripping drops of dew
The tears I cannot shed

My heart a mayhem of crows
Swooping on a single seagull
Outside in the Green
Where we played by day
And partied by night

Until grief disfigured our joy
Love fatally fractured 

The man has died
He who became my enemy

We made our peace
A defrosting 
Long before it was too late

Yet still a broken legacy
Remains

The wounds of hate 
The scars of love
Debris of human frailty 

We must stand still 
And wait for God
To win the victory
For us all

(January 9, 2020)

Comments

30 Days

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Running In My Head

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Affectation

THIS IS THE LOVE (The Pierced Heart)

Anguish ( for the friend of my soul )