THE CRIB OF OUR CLAY (An Advent Meditation)





Bring my thoughts home O Lord
Like the herd of an African twilight

Draw us in from the places
Of the day where we have strayed

Our

Scattered minds
Spun-out hearts
Spent souls

Settle us down

That we may abide
Within

That I may abide
With myself in You
And remain here

Attentive

Eyes attuned to see and perceive
Ears attuned to listen and hear

What stirs in the unfathomable
Depths

Interior mystery

Wisdom of Christ cradled
In the crib of our clay


Comments

  1. Thankyou for this profound meditation. May the joy of Our Lord be our strength!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Affectation

Unbreak My Heart

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Carmel: Most Beautiful of Women

SIMPLICITY: Kissing The Hand of Jesus 2017 - Eamonn Monson sac