Imprisoned Fire



Imprisoned fire
Of a kiln

Burns within
My bones

Rages within
My heart

I just don't know
What to do

To hope
Or not to hope

To trust
Or not to trust

To speak
Or not to speak

To reach out
Or not to reach out

To be restrained

Or

To burst forth
A bellowing flame

And wail and wail
Like an animal in travail

Writhing in the horror
That has befallen

From the blueness
Of a Summer's

Fading day

Do I bellow
Or do I remain

Silent?

 

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell Homily for Fr Eamonn Monson by Deacon Duncan Brown

I LIVE TO SERVE - In Loving Memory of Father Emmanuel Msuri

The Call of St. Matthew (Caravaggio)

FESTIVAL OF THE UNEXCEPTIONAL: Celebrating the Ordinary

St. Teresa of Avila: Let Nothing Disturb you

TIME OF MY DEPARTURE

THE SUPREME ADVANTAGE - In Loving Memory of Fr. John Fitzpatrick SAC

Love Was His Meaning

900 Miles to Salta: A Pilgrim Testimony

HIS MOST SACRED HUMANITY (Fanned into flame)