WINESKIN




O my soul
It is time now

To uncork
The old wineskin

And pour away
That which has gone sour

The ancient bitter
Wounding word

Offences given and received
Not yet fully forgiven

The tiny drops of resentment
Remaining

Resistance to life
Fear of love

Sediment of sorrow
All negative thought
And guilt

Time now

To cast aside
The stiffened leather

That can no longer hold
The New Wine of Christ

To peel away
The protective layers

Of over-ordered living

And like Mary
Be free-blown in the Spirit

And live like heaven
Has already come to me

And I to heaven

+++

Here we have an anchor for our soul, as sure as it is firm, and reaching right through beyond the veil where Jesus has entered before us and on our behalf (Hebrews 6)







Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Unbreak My Heart

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)