Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)

"...with Christ I hang upon the cross, and yet I am alive; or rather, not I; it is Christ that lives in me." (Galatians 2:19-20 Knox Bible)

Hands joined in prayer
Reverent
Protective

It was You
Not I
Who approached

Putting me on my feet
As if in invitation to dance

You took my hands
In each of yours

Slowly opening
Parting them full stretched

Fingertip to fingertip
Face to face

Body to body
Lips to lips

Adoration

With You I hang
Upon the Cross

Crucified to You
And You to me


(2010)

From the Pallottine Chapel, Ngong Road, Nairobi 

Comments

  1. Beautiful. But not only!
    "Crucified to You
    And You to me"
    It is strong, real, and very precious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)