This Tree (A Morning Prayer)



Uproot from the soil
Of my heart Lord

This tree
That bears no fruit

Deep-rooted
Stubborn

Taking up
Such precious space

The bark that holds all
My legitimate grievances

Be burned in the fire
Of Divine Love

Purifying furnace

Uproot from the soil
Of my heart Lord

This tree
This egocentric self

And leave behind
A gaping hole

That it may become
A chalice for Your own

Sacred outpouring
Wellspring of Mercy

Garden of Your Law
Fertile field of Word

Deepest interior
Knowing

Comments

  1. Beautiful prayer, beautiful and sacred morning prayer, thank you very much 🙏🏻.
    "Uproot from the soil
    Of my heart Lord
    This tree
    This egocentric self"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)