TO WALK WITH YOU


Lord, it is easier for me

to walk with You rather
than to sit in front of You

to leave rather
than to remain

to be nomadic rather
than sedentary

to avoid Your gaze rather
than to face it

to wear a mask rather
than cast it aside

I am not the one whom people imagine me to be.
There is a me that no-one ever sees

No-one but You

and my fear is that
You do not like what You see

But that is not true

Because you love
even what seems to be unlovable

drawing order out of chaos
light out of darkness

for You see
the struggle of it

and the hope contained
in it

for You are at home here

whether I sit or
whether I walk

whether I stand or
whether I lay down

whether I remain or
whether I leave

You are my hope
You are my home

You are everything
You are in everything

Comments

30 Days

Back to Her First Love

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)