SACRED HEARTBEAT



The still steadiness of it
Serene and well-ordered

Unflappable
Unruffled

Residing in the cool
Clear waters of the mind

There are times when
I dearly wish it were mine

This heart of stone

But I am a child
Of Ezekiel’s prophecy

Possessing a heart of flesh
Instead

Residing in the cauldron
Of my being

Soul of fire

In a silent stillness
That heaves

Pulsating
Passionate

Feeling wounds too strongly
Bearing burdens too heavy

Mine and those of others

And sheltered in the One
Who sustains the entire universe

Christ the Sacred Heartbeat
Of all life

It is His gift

Whether I like it
Or not









Comments

Post a Comment

30 Days

Back to Her First Love

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)