LADY (In Memory of Meg)



She came as a gift one winter

She for whom I prayed 
When I was young

Forty years of seeking
Waiting
 
Then there She sat in a church 
On a wet January evening 
When the cold dark was deep 
And all pervading

We didn’t speak at first 
Her solitude I respected 
Her prayer

And She respected mine

But in that silence we became 
Part of each other's
Earthen essence

Resounding

Straining our ears
Stretching our souls 

Heavenwards
Her eyes ablaze 
 
The unspeakable beauty 
That was in Her
The liveliness of God

She kissed my lips for Christmas
And on my birthday
She collapsed into the silence 
That would never speak again

Released 
How she would burst out laughing

And all the prayer she offered 
And all the suffering she bore

Carried her Home to Her heart's desire
The love that she has yearned for

That only God can give in the end

_______________________________________________________________________________



Comments

30 Days

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Running In My Head

Affectation

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Anguish ( for the friend of my soul )

THIS IS THE LOVE (The Pierced Heart)

I KNOW THAT, LOVE: In Honour of Mary Moore