Psalm 131 X - BALLYLOUGHÁN SUNDAY MORNING

 

O Lord my heart

Has nothing

To be proud of

For you have humbled me


Lessons hard to heed


My eyes have sought marvels

Beyond

Hands grasping stations

Above my reach


Temptations of the Desert

Have assaulted my soul


And I have not returned

To the child at rest


Arms that hold

The pretence of peace 


It is not the hope

Of Israel past

Nor any future 

Promise that I seek


It is You alone my Lord

For whom I yearn

In all 

Those misdirected ways


It is You

You alone

That I seek








Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Unbreak My Heart

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)