CONSECRATION (On The London Underground)



I am indifferent
To the crush of rush
Hour on the Underground

Unconcerned by time
Having no particular
Interest in arrival

At peace with what is
Incomplete
Imperfect

I do not ask
For anything now

No particular favour
Blessing or grace

Not even the removal
Of that sin for which
I am truly contrite
With Love's own sorrow

This is a Consecration
Of all that I am
To the Providence
Of your Mercy
One Omnipotent God

Jesus Christ
My Lord
My Life
My Love

In whom I am
Given
Surrendered
Offered

Without reserve
Wholly consumed
In You

Nothing wasted
Nothing lost
Every broken bit

Harvested
Gathered
For the feeding
Of other hungers


Comments

30 Days

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Running In My Head

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Affectation

Anguish ( for the friend of my soul )

THIS IS THE LOVE (The Pierced Heart)