THERE IS A MOUNTAIN


There is a mountain
That calls

A place
Not yet revealed

Where solitude
Speaks no more

And thoughts are stilled
Emotions calmed

All argument surrendered
All obligation ended

No meetings to attend
No deadlines to be met

There will be
No talk of God
Of whom nothing
Can be said

The abiding Presence
That seeks only

My silence

Trusting
Without a word

That HE IS

Already now
The summit of my soul

Love unspoken
Hope unwritten

Faith fulfilled
Forgiveness felt

To this
May I attend





Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Running In My Head

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Unbreak My Heart

Affectation

Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)