HOSEA (My Beautiful Son)



I would lean towards my son,
Stooping down to feed him,

And taking him up in my arms
I would hold him safe to my cheek

Kissing him
Tenderly, faithfully, lovingly

And raising him high on my shoulder
I would be proud of him
My beautiful son.

I would take my son fishing:
he would learn to love the sea with me
and the One who is more glorious
than all surgings.

And though I am no fisherman
I know my love for the sea
And though I have no little son
I know the love of God in me.

"more glorious than the surgings of the sea, the Lord is glorious on high" (Psalm 93:4)


Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Affectation

Unbreak My Heart

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Carmel: Most Beautiful of Women

Running In My Head