CONSECRATION



Holding the host in my sinner's hands
Gazing attentively
Deliberately
Without distraction

I speak the words of Consecration
Pronouncing them

As if this were the first time ever
And the last

“This is my Body”

In this moment
The galloping stampede of thoughts
Is halted

The tumult of emotions
Stilled

Here is the intersection
Of heaven and earth
Life and death
Joy and sorrow
The divine and the human

Crossroads of the Cosmos
Drawing all to Himself

Lifted up in
Peace
Exaltation
Adoration

Pure and perfect Love
Fulfilment of every hunger
Consummation of all desire

“My Lord and my God”
















Comments

  1. A very beautiful and thought provoking poem. ❣️ And a very interesting picture. 🕊️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Unbreak My Heart

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)