13000: A SILENCE THAT CRIES

Abba by Yongsung Kim. Jesus holding and caring for a baby

There is a silence
That cries 

A hidden cry that goes
Unheard
A life that goes unseen

Thirteen thousand
Taken here
Ten million
Taken there

We take no notice
We do not see
We do not feel
We do not care

They have become
The least of all God's
Creatures made lower
Than the animals

But there is One
Who is born anew
On their behalf
Born to die for them

And if we truly look
And in looking truly see
We will behold
Their faces

In the Baby in the Manger

We will catch a glimpse
Of those whom we have chosen
To forget



Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Unbreak My Heart

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)