A PRAYER FROM MY KITCHEN WINDOW

 



To You my Lord I come
In Adoration
Beneath the world-mothering
Mantle of Mary

Asking Your morning Blessing upon
Mothers filled with purpose
Parents and guardians
Coming back from delivering
Children to school

I pray for every child
And each member of staff

May Your Grace descend
Upon hurried women and men
Going out to work
Fast walkers and runners keeping fit
The elderly who move slowly
Each nursing home resident and carer
The neighbours on our street
Throughout this town

Those who enter our church
To touch the veil of heaven

Every person I see
Each one who enters my thoughts
Those who dwell in my heart

And all the departed

Beneath the world-mothering
Mantle of Mary

I stand in the breach
Before You my Lord

An instrument of Your Grace
A channel of Your Love

Giving thanks

For all that You have given
For hearing our prayer
For all that will be given

All praise to You
Father
Jesus
Holy Spirit

Amen!

Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Unbreak My Heart

Affectation

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Carmel: Most Beautiful of Women

SIMPLICITY: Kissing The Hand of Jesus 2017 - Eamonn Monson sac