CANA (I Will Be The Water)


 i


The Hour had not yet come
And still here it is

Brought forward at Her behest
Just do what He tells you
She says

It will be well

And all that seemed perfect before  
And all the blemished, run-out days
Are cheap merriment in the face
Of what is taking place here

You have kept the best wine till now
Said the maƮtre d'

Having no idea how or
Who You really are

ii

I do not deserve it but
I know that You have given me
This untimely time of my life

As if I had been born too soon
From the womb before the dawn
Begotten

You knew me first
Eternally Consecrating
Claiming me

For Yourself and
At last letting myself
Be Cana

Claimed

Espousal of my soul to You
I will be run out empty 
A marvellous longing capacity

Gallons of abundance

I will be the water
You will be the wine

Comments

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Unbreak My Heart

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Affectation

Carmel: Most Beautiful of Women

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

SIMPLICITY: Kissing The Hand of Jesus 2017 - Eamonn Monson sac