O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)




Who am I?
That I should open

The door
Of the Tabernacle

Take You
In my hands

Place You
On the altar

Expose You
To the gaze

Of hungry souls

Who am I
That I should utter
Hollow words

Of adoration
Praise
Gratitude

When nothing
On this earth
Could ever express

The Majesty
The Mystery

Who am I
That You should choose
To anoint me
To be totally Yours

And stand in Your place
At Your altar
To utter the sacred
Words of Consecration

And somehow bring
Your presence to life

Your Passion
Your Rising

Salvation
For Your People

O Lord of Mercy
I am not worthy

Comments

  1. Thank you for the gift of your life to the Priesthood. Thank you for bringing the gift of Jesus to our hungry souls and hearts.
    Praying for you and for your brother priests.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)