THE DARKNESS OF LOVE

 


God is full of Love
For me

He cannot
Love me more

I cannot
Be more loved

You say

How precious
Life is

That I should value
Mine more

Let yourself
Be loved

They said

Stoking my guilt
With good-intentioned
Platitudes

With no insight

Into the Darkness
That marks
A soul for Life

The Gethsemane
That holds onto me

Like a vocation
From childhood

The sudden
Unbidden impulse

Taking me
To a place

Within myself
Where I hoped
Not to venture

Inciting me
To step out in front
Of the beautiful

Bus speeding
Down the road

And end it
The torment

O God protect me
From myself

Give me perfect
Self-forgetfulness

The grace that keeps me
Safe

Holds me back
From the brink

I understand
The one who goes
Over the edge

Into the abyss

Jesus understands
What it means
To be loved in the dark

To be loved and not
To feel it

To not feel it
And still trust
In it

(Dublin June 5, 2017)

Comments

  1. Margaret Anne RalphJune 5, 2023 at 11:24 PM

    If only I could hold his hand. But trust it has to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Unbreak My Heart

Affectation

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

Carmel: Most Beautiful of Women

SIMPLICITY: Kissing The Hand of Jesus 2017 - Eamonn Monson sac