BEAUTIFUL TENT



My body aches
For the finite touch
Of another

Infinite touch
Of The Other

Totally fulfilling
Eternally thrilling

I gasp for air
O God my God
I wish it were time
To go Home
For I am weak

Beyond belief
Breath betrays me

My desire is not
To leave this place

And I would weep
For those who love me here
But I need to rest now
Need to sleep with You

In that Beautiful Tent
That You have prepared

For us
For our encounter
Most tender

"Life to me, of course, is Christ, but then death would bring me something more...

I am caught in this dilemma: I want to be gone and be with Christ, which would be very much the better, but for me to stay alive in this body is a more urgent need..." (Philippians 1:20-24)

Comments

30 Days

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

Upon the Cross (At Clarendon Street Church)

O LORD OF MERCY (Who Am I)

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Running In My Head

This Tree (A Morning Prayer)

Affectation

Anguish ( for the friend of my soul )

THIS IS THE LOVE (The Pierced Heart)