THE PROMISE

 

I see the face of God
In the one I love

Bride and groom
In prayer we gaze
Into each other's eyes

The face of God
Shining there

Love breaking through

What a sacred thing it is
To seek and find the face
Of the one you love

In the intimacy
Holy Matrimony

Flesh and sweat
Bone and soul

To become familiar with
The distinctive

Voice

Sound of the beloved's
Very person

The other entering
The front door
Particular footfall

God in all of this

Presence promised
On the altar

Promise of heaven
In our daily bread

Broken
Sometimes torn apart

Given and
Restored

(Galway 2016)




Comments

30 Days

Death With Life Contended (Easter 2024)

Be Stretched Beyond

Brendan (A leap-year leave-taking)

COME THEN MY BELOVED: The Funeral of Father Michael Clarke SAC

THAT SACRED WRITING OF GOD (An Experience of Lent)

Unbreak My Heart

TO YOU I SURRENDER (My Lord and my God)

Back to Her First Love